We have tried to make this policy as transparent and easy to read as possible in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which came into force on 25th May 2018, however if you have any questions or concerns over the use of your data or would like to exercise your statutory rights by Eque2, please contact us via the details at the bottom of this policy.
Why we process your data:
- To manage relationships with our customers according to the terms of service we are contracted to deliver
- To keep you up to date with the latest, relevant content we have published around the Eque2 solutions you are using.
- To inform you about other products and services that we think would be of interest to you based on the profile of your company and / or job role
- To handle your webinar/event registration or enquiries made directly to us
- To collect your feedback and seek your insight through online survey invitations.
- For analysis with a view to administering, supporting, improving and/or developing our website, and the product and services we offer.
- To collect feedback on any product, services or website.
- To carry out support investigations as required. Where Eque2 acts as a Processor of our Customers’ data required to deliver our Support services, a Data Processing Agreement has been issued. If you have not received this please email email@example.com with details of which Eque2 solution you use.
Our lawful basis for processing your data
It’s in Eque2’s legitimate business interest to keep its customers and contacts informed of our latest content, products and services.
We process customer and client data and use direct marketing as part of this legitimate interest. It’s necessary for us to use a variety of direct marketing channels and messages to ensure our contacts are kept informed. Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights.
We will keep your data safely and securely for as long as necessary or according to your instructions, and we review the data we hold at least once every two years. If you’d like more information about how we store your data, please contact us directly.
In particular you could expect to receive from us:
- Newsletters relating to our products and services
- Emails inviting you to participate in our educational webinars / events relating to the products you use or may be interested in based on the profile of your business
- Occasional direct mailings or phone calls about our forthcoming content or events.
- You can manage your preferences and unsubscribe from any or all of these different types of email at any time.
Types of data we collect
We collect the kind of standard, non-sensitive information you would expect a B2B supplier to request information about you when you complete voluntary forms on our website and associated landing pages in order to gain access to content such as datasheets, case studies, videos or when you register for webinars and events, complete surveys, use our web chat service or enquire through our online forms. We collect further information from our customers as required to enable us to deliver professional services to your business to implement and support our solutions as per our contract terms. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
For example we may ask for:
- Your name
- Your job title
- Your job role
- Your email address and contact number
- Your postal address
- The name of the organisation you work for
- The type of industry you work in
- The number of employees in your organisation (by band)
Cookies are small text files which are transferred from our website to your computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. They are used to collect standard internet log information and monitor visitor behaviour.
We use Web analytics and other similar cookies – we use these to count and recognise visitor numbers and their actions on our website, helping to inform us about how to improve your website experience.
We also collect a small about of data via cookies to help personalise your web chat experience.
Cookies can be disabled in your internet browser settings but doing so may affect your ability to fully use parts of our website, products and services. For more information and advice on cookies and how to make changes to your browser settings in order to accept, delete or reject cookies, visit the Internet Advertising Bureau website – www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.
Third Party tools
Snap Engage – This is a web chat tool which allows you to engage with one of our team whilst on our website. SnapEngage will only store your website visitor information if you are engaging in the chat. SnapEngage does not share this information with 3rd parties and complies to the EU Safe Harbor Framework. The report provided to Eque2 is stored securely on SnapEngage as well as Eque2’s own internal CRM. Information collected via this tool may also be used for marketing purpose as mentioned above.
Lead forensics – uses IP Address tracking technology to identify businesses visiting Eque2’s site and the pages that are being used. This helps us analyse data about our web page traffic in order to develop and improve our website for business visitors.
Sharing your information
Eque2 will not share your information for any purpose with any 3rd party companies or suppliers without seeking explicit permission from you. For example if you would like to consider paying monthly for your software we would be required to share your standard, non-sensitive details with our asset finance partner, Reality Finance Limited by way of introduction. Alternatively on rare occasions once you are a customer we may need to share your data with a third party consultant of IT services company to assist with an enquiry, however any data would only be shared strictly with your knowledge and consent. Any data shared between Eque2 customers, suppliers and partners is sent using Thru Portal, which is a highly secure and encrypted online platform – http://www.thruinc.com/how-thru-works.
Your rights over the personal data we hold
You can reasonably request access to the personal data we hold on you, at any time, and we will provide that information free of charge within one month of your request at the latest.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can request inaccurate or incomplete personal data held on you to be rectified or completed or for your personal data to be suppressed or erased, and we will respond within one month of your request at the latest.
Your right to object
If you no longer want to be contacted for marketing purposes by Eque2 you can opt out of our direct marketing at any point. You can either click the unsubscribe link from the email sent to you, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data protection Authority
You have the right to raise a concern or lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the case of residents of the UK please see more information here.
How to contact us
Eque2 are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 8170642.